Sorry to all our friends we didn't visit. I think a week just isn't long enough. We spent two and a little more days driving, a day to go grocery shopping to buy food for Thanksgiving & visit some cousins ;), a day to do homework we were missing and catch a movie with grandpa (Megamind- which was AWESOME!), a day to visit the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU (beautiful!), Thanksgiving, and two more days driving home. We still feel like we are moving while sitting still. To keep us entertained on our long drive we did a little of homework, a little reading, and a lot of listening to old detective radio shows we checked out from the library (Tales of the Texas Rangers, Sherlock Holmes, Dragnet, The Shadow, The Saint plus more) and a lot of Tom Glazer so if we seem a little caught in a time warp, sorry, and going back to school Monday should snap us right out of it. Although we did have one child singing to us in his best Justin Beiber voice to keep us in modern times and no we aren't big fans (of his music but I'm sure he's a nice boy) and yes, possibly, maybe, a sarcastic Justin Bieber is worse. Unfortunately, I don't think I took any pictures on our trip, but I do know I caught my third born playing in the back seat with the video camera so who knows what I'll discover later when I feel like looking. We had a pretty good drive there and back except when we almost made it to the other side of Wyoming (on the way). A storm hit so they closed the road and told us they would open it and then after three hours they admitted they weren't really going to open the road for a much longer time so we had to drive back about 30 or 40 minutes to the last town. During this 3 hour wait someone had to go to the bathroom (both kinds). This next part is not for the faint or easily disgusted- at least our family has a sense of humor- what else are you going to do? The someone had to go in a bag. The someone had to have two people help hold the bag. In the morning it was discovered someone missed the bag and got someone's pillow. Fortunately the solid kind made it in the bag and we washed the pillow thoroughly at grandma's & grandma had other pillows to use and now it is all forgotten; but preserved for posterity on the blog. A toast to "Live, Laugh, Love". Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving! I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love fall and harvesty food. I love the emphasis on family time. I love just sitting around talking and eating. It all comes together at Thanksgiving. My youngest told me Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday because "you get to do everything!" I'm not sure what he meant by that other than being very excited to go to grandparents houses in Utah like he'd been asking if we could. We made the long trek that didn't seem so bad on the way, but does feel long coming back. We visited family and ate, and I still think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. :)
Sorry to all our friends we didn't visit. I think a week just isn't long enough. We spent two and a little more days driving, a day to go grocery shopping to buy food for Thanksgiving & visit some cousins ;), a day to do homework we were missing and catch a movie with grandpa (Megamind- which was AWESOME!), a day to visit the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU (beautiful!), Thanksgiving, and two more days driving home. We still feel like we are moving while sitting still. To keep us entertained on our long drive we did a little of homework, a little reading, and a lot of listening to old detective radio shows we checked out from the library (Tales of the Texas Rangers, Sherlock Holmes, Dragnet, The Shadow, The Saint plus more) and a lot of Tom Glazer so if we seem a little caught in a time warp, sorry, and going back to school Monday should snap us right out of it. Although we did have one child singing to us in his best Justin Beiber voice to keep us in modern times and no we aren't big fans (of his music but I'm sure he's a nice boy) and yes, possibly, maybe, a sarcastic Justin Bieber is worse. Unfortunately, I don't think I took any pictures on our trip, but I do know I caught my third born playing in the back seat with the video camera so who knows what I'll discover later when I feel like looking. We had a pretty good drive there and back except when we almost made it to the other side of Wyoming (on the way). A storm hit so they closed the road and told us they would open it and then after three hours they admitted they weren't really going to open the road for a much longer time so we had to drive back about 30 or 40 minutes to the last town. During this 3 hour wait someone had to go to the bathroom (both kinds). This next part is not for the faint or easily disgusted- at least our family has a sense of humor- what else are you going to do? The someone had to go in a bag. The someone had to have two people help hold the bag. In the morning it was discovered someone missed the bag and got someone's pillow. Fortunately the solid kind made it in the bag and we washed the pillow thoroughly at grandma's & grandma had other pillows to use and now it is all forgotten; but preserved for posterity on the blog. A toast to "Live, Laugh, Love". Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Sorry to all our friends we didn't visit. I think a week just isn't long enough. We spent two and a little more days driving, a day to go grocery shopping to buy food for Thanksgiving & visit some cousins ;), a day to do homework we were missing and catch a movie with grandpa (Megamind- which was AWESOME!), a day to visit the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU (beautiful!), Thanksgiving, and two more days driving home. We still feel like we are moving while sitting still. To keep us entertained on our long drive we did a little of homework, a little reading, and a lot of listening to old detective radio shows we checked out from the library (Tales of the Texas Rangers, Sherlock Holmes, Dragnet, The Shadow, The Saint plus more) and a lot of Tom Glazer so if we seem a little caught in a time warp, sorry, and going back to school Monday should snap us right out of it. Although we did have one child singing to us in his best Justin Beiber voice to keep us in modern times and no we aren't big fans (of his music but I'm sure he's a nice boy) and yes, possibly, maybe, a sarcastic Justin Bieber is worse. Unfortunately, I don't think I took any pictures on our trip, but I do know I caught my third born playing in the back seat with the video camera so who knows what I'll discover later when I feel like looking. We had a pretty good drive there and back except when we almost made it to the other side of Wyoming (on the way). A storm hit so they closed the road and told us they would open it and then after three hours they admitted they weren't really going to open the road for a much longer time so we had to drive back about 30 or 40 minutes to the last town. During this 3 hour wait someone had to go to the bathroom (both kinds). This next part is not for the faint or easily disgusted- at least our family has a sense of humor- what else are you going to do? The someone had to go in a bag. The someone had to have two people help hold the bag. In the morning it was discovered someone missed the bag and got someone's pillow. Fortunately the solid kind made it in the bag and we washed the pillow thoroughly at grandma's & grandma had other pillows to use and now it is all forgotten; but preserved for posterity on the blog. A toast to "Live, Laugh, Love". Happy Thanksgiving! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Loved this post.
Post a Comment