Thursday, July 28, 2011

I was on the inside when they pulled the four walls down I was looking through the window I was lost I am found


Also on Friday we stopped by Wild Rumpus Bookstore in Minneapolis.  It's in kind of a historic, artsy part of town.  My friend who came with us has wanted to go there for a long time (since our oldests were little) and we finally made it.  There were chickens in the store that didn't mind too much being picked up, cats to pet, a chinchilla to look at, books to peruse, and a spooky section of books in a small haunted shack.  I wandered away and then noticed everyone was gone, almost everyone in our group was waiting outside for me. My friend was also still inside delighting in small details. 
Afterward Brian and the boys went camping and Ana and I watched a few "girly" shows- Downton Abbey (the last episode of the first season), Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure, and A Room With A View (1980's).    Downton Abbey I learned about from a blog I admire, Sharpay's wardrobe is admired by my daughter, and A Room With A View I learned about from a friend I dearly admire.  She lent me the book and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  We had just moved here after living in Europe for a three year stint so Italy was fresh on my mind.  Thank you Netflix and friends for an evening of "admiration-inspiration".


chickens were free to roam

and cats in baskets sun bathing in the window



4 comments:

Annie said...

I have never heard of a book store like that. It sounds really cool!

Emi-chi said...

LET THE WILD RUMPUS START! Haha... That bookstore looks super neat. :)

Wendy said...

the only thing i remember from the movie (LOVED the book) a room with a view, which i saw at about age 14 or 15, was naked guys running around a pond. does my memory serve me right?

Michele said...

Ha ha ha Yes Wendy, you are right. I loved the book, but not the movie as much. I had never seen it so thought it might be fun to see. I think Ana also age 14 will probably only remember that part (it really isn't as bad as it might sound to some, but that scene lasted far longer than I expected). And maybe the girls piano playing because she plays like Isaac- loud and fast. In the book I imagined the piano playing more passionate and beautiful rather than loud and forceful. We each interpret the same thing different I suppose.