Yesterday Brian and I went to see Roman Holiday at the Guthrie to celebrate our 17 year anniversary. It was a cute show with Cole Porter music.
I've always wanted to see something at the Guthrie because of the cool architecture and have been waiting for something good to be playing. A Streetcar Named Desire and similar plays might be classics, but I prefer a more lighthearted fare so Roman Holiday was perfect.
Brian surprised me with the tickets. :-) Well, sort of. I spoiled his surprise. I kept mentioning it would be fun and he kept "meh"-ing it so finally I said, "You know, if you really don't want to go I might see if any of my friends would like to go. I bet some of my friends would love to see it and then it would be cheaper too because we'd only be paying for one ticket instead of two." He had to fess up and tell me he already bought tickets so that I wouldn't get my own and go with friends. I was still delighted anyway even though I was surprised early. ;-)
If you check out the link to the Guthrie there is a cool picture of the outside of the Guthrie in the background. I couldn't find the picture I took of it a long time ago. Here's some shots of the inside of the Guthrie taken on Brian's phone:




2 comments:
Jealous! I will have to go watch my copy of Roman Holiday, now. :) Happy Anniversary! :)
Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment