Monday, July 15, 2013

7

Wow.  I have a lot of catching up to do.  Our spring was filled with many blog worthy events and my camera was giving me trouble about connecting to the computer to upload photos.  Luckily a nice friend of ours came over and helped me out.  It took him about 10 seconds.

Anyway, a long time ago, back in April it was Henry's birthday.  He turned 7.  Seven seems a little old, as in he is not so much a baby anymore, but really, I am so happy he is still little! (As in not so grown up as my teenagers).
I think my favorite thing about this birthday is how excited Henry was for his birthday.  He counted down the days and had William help him do the math on their chalkboard to count down the minutes.

(sorry the pictures are sideways.  No matter what I try they just keep loading as sideways :-/ )

Okay, so it ISN"T the fancy store bought cake he wanted, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money for us to ingest all the yucky frosting and chemicals.  Plus this way we could bond and make it together.  My grandkids will probably all have professional birthday cakes.

some of the math

Henry had a list of wild animals he wanted for his birthday so I drew one on each gift

One of Henry's favorite books is The Adventures of TinTin

Henry enjoying his gift of Lego Ninjago sword form his siblings

Henry with a few of his gifts from his Birthday wishlist:  mp3 player, binoculars, and bag full of army guys

Update since the birthday:
Here's some pictures of the Legos he bought with his Birthday money.  I thought he took a bunch of his army guys but I can't seem to find those.  And...those much loved binoculars got broken today because someone angrily threw them because his sister was trying to explain that he would have to learn to play Five Black Crows over and over before he could be ready to learn to play the theme from Star Wars on the piano.  He's had a bit of trouble with throwing things when he is angry so I'm hoping he has learned from this.



No comments: