Tuesday, September 10, 2013

38

My birthday :-)
For my birthday I made a cake I've been really wanting to make for awhile. It's kind of a pistachio baklava cake. I saw it on pinterest.  It was yummy, but like baklava is, a small piece is plenty.  So for my birthday I went around sharing slices of my cake with people who I thought might appreciate it and people who happened to be in the right place at the right time- like the family who picked up Ana to babysit and the neighbor standing in my yard.  It was actually a nice way to spend my birthday.
I also got some pretty great gifts- a ukelele and some new couches!  I kept talking about how happy the ukelele sounds so Brian decided to surprise me with one. :-)  Now I'm going to have to learn how to play it.

1 comment:

abby said...

Happy happy belated birthday! I have a ukulele too and stink at it but it's so fun to play anyway. The baklava looks wonderful! Love that you shared it. Wish I could have come and snagged a piece. :)