Friday, August 22, 2014

5,000+ miles part 3

8/2/14
Colorado Springs, CO-->Grand Junction, CO-->Goblin Valley, UT-->Provo, UT
Roughly 10 1/2 hrs driving time
We had a wonderful pancake breakfast with Wendy's family then enjoyed a beautiful drive through the mountains to the other side of Colorado.  Steep winding roads, tunnels, trains, bicycles, red dirt...;-)
 
 
 
We had a wonderful visit with my Grandma Sharp (my dad's mom), my Aunt Cathy and my Uncle Dick.  They made us a delicious lunch.  It's been a long time since we've seen them too.  Maybe only a couple years instead of 21 though.  My grandma has these really cool little pots of plants that she also adds rocks and tiny things to make them like miniature worlds.  William and Henry loved looking at them and her show them all of the ones she made.  they might make some too.  I really enjoyed our visit.
Grand Junction Colorado (I took this photo on my cellphone & it turned kinda really cool)
 
 
After visiting we decided to take a detour to Goblin Valley on our way to Provo.  I had never been before and thought the kids would really enjoy it.  We had a lot of fun.  There aren't any specific trails and it's okay to climb on the hoodoos (rock formations) and meander wherever you'd like in the park area.
first "selfie"- since no one ever takes pictures of me (because I have the camera)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We stayed an hour or so and then needed to get back on the road.  It would have been easy to stay longer though.  Our last stop for the day was still few hours away to my brother Michael's. 
Unicorn buffalo cloud...kind of in the center, running towards the right.  By the time I took the photo it started to spread out a little. 

No comments: