Sunday, November 20, 2011

From the heart

William had to give a talk in primary today on "reverence is love and respect for God."  I told him yesterday he needed to write a talk for church.  He said, "Okay, what does it have to be about?" I told him and he sat down and started writing.  As his mom I am very proud of his sweet heart and simple testimony that he wrote all by himself.  And I love his misspelled words.

I love Juses.  he is my saveyaer.  I do not love Saltines [erase erase] Satan.  he wants to be are Saveyaer, but he is not.  he is not reverent.  I am reverent.  I can be reverent by siting stil in cherch, lisining to the techere, and reading the skripchers.  thoes are ways you can be reverent.  You can be reverent to.  reverence is Love for God.  I Love God.

For any of you unfamiliar with children spelling here is a translation:
I love Jesus.  He is my savior.  I do not love Satan.  He wants to be our savior, but he is not.  He is not reverent.  I am reverent.  I can be reverent by sitting still in church, listening to the teacher, and reading the scriptures.  Those are ways you can be reverent.  You can be reverent too.  Reverence is love for God.  I love God.

My mommy heart is feeling very thankful. Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Annie said...

How sweet. It's so great to see their own testimonies growing!

sweetlissybug said...

I love saltines! I love this talk, too. It melts my heart. I'm thankful for William's testimony. Thanks for sharing! :)

abby said...

wow, i'm so impressed! beautiful job, william!