Tuesday, February 7, 2012

February? Already?

It is about time updated my blog.  Here it is February and I haven't written since before Thanksgiving!  Sheesh!  What is wrong with me? 
Here's a quick rehash of our life since then, skipping December since that's in a different post. 
(photos, photos, photos- actually scratch the photos or I'll never actually get this posted- no one will do ANYTHING if I'm not right next to them so since kids are now home from school I must return to my spot at the table staring at children doing their homework).
And amidst all that fun (in the pictures you didn't get yet- maybe someday if you're lucky) we have been crazy busy with typical stuff to keep us busy like cleaning up after guests, laundry, cooking, eating, dentist appointments, dr. appointments, church calling stuff, children not doing homework, children doing it but not turning it in, children deciding there is no point to certain school subjects, conversations with teachers, conversations with school counselor, dying to blog, but not wanting to blog because many great conversation topics have abounded in our home, but is it fair for me to blog them because it isn't just my life it's theirs, but really it's mine too, but I'm too busy to blog everything I'm thinking anyway.  You know, the usual stuff everyone deals with.  Oh, and I had to give the lesson in Relief Society Sunday and I got asked to speak this coming Sunday. blah.  I don't like getting up in front of everyone.  Last Sunday I was given some advice to teach what I love so we made pottery and talked about dyslexia (my latest fascination)... and I did bring in the gospel topic of building on our strength and weaknesses.  Sunday I have to speak on the "pure love of Christ". 
And now on to the fun things.  Henry said to me yesterday (February 6), "Mom are you going running with Wendy today?"  Oh, probably.  "If you go make sure you take your wallet."  My wallet?  Why?  "Well, you want to make sure you have your wallet with you in case you see the ice cream van. Then you can buy some ice cream.  He won't let you buy some if you don't have your wallet.  Once I wanted to buy some ice cream but I didn't have my wallet and so I ran home to get my wallet, but by the time I found my wallet he was gone.  So have your wallet with you just in case you see him."  It's nice to have a 5 year old around the house.

2 comments:

sweetlissybug said...

Yay! You blogged again! :) I will most definitely get you a disk of the pictures I took when I visited. I took a lot! It was so nice to get away from everyone for a little while.

abby said...

I wanted to reprimand you for never blogging, but I'm not much better! But I do love when you post. And I loved seeing pictures of Melissa's visit. Good luck on your talk! We talked a couple weeks ago and it is always so terrifying preparing for it and then I sit down when it's done and think, "That wasn't so bad!"