Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 8

June 17.  My third trip to Target in one week.  We needed to stock up on the Benedryl, bug repellent, and anti-itch creams- turns out my sister's littlest is totally allergic to mosquito bites; not a good mix in Minnesota.  I think we found 3? ticks in the week they were here...in the suburbs.  The bugs are definitely the down side to this state.  And the cold winters.  Just two things, but a very deterring two things.  My sister kept saying, "Oh it's so beautiful here.  Wouldn't be wonderful to go camping in those woods over there?"  "NO.  It wouldn't." would be my reply, and I always thought of myself as a camping person.  I love camping.  I don't love camping here.  Ticks are a plenty and disgusting.  Take a deep breath of that fresh air in the woods and you will get a mouthful of mosquitoes.  In the day.  Because in the woods it's shady like dusk all day long and humid.  It's yucky I'm telling you.  It's probably why most native Minnesotans have cabins.  Enjoy the pictures -it is beautiful here. :)  After Target we went to a park and rented canoes.  It was nice.  I'm more of a canoe type person than a speed boat person.  I like the relaxing smooth glide feeling of a canoe.







I think William is happiest in the dirt- if there is dirt he will dig



Brian's a fan of Shovel and Pail and Hello Kitty; Henry added a ballerina Hello Kitty (upside down)

nap time

2 comments:

abby said...

the thought of ticks gives me the major heebie jeebies. i guess there is no "perfect" climate. but it sure looks darn beautiful there. i want to visit. i love all your updates!

Michele said...

I would love it if you came to visit! Anytime. :)