Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer begins!

Yesterday was the first official day of summer and I'm hoping it doesn't take me all of official summer to catch up on the last week or two since school ended. 
Summer Break Daily Log:
Day 1 (June 10):  No school.  Henry still puking-makes day 5- did see Dr.-must of picked it up at Isaac's visit, just something going around that they have been seeing a number of kids for.  Cleaned house to prep for sister visiting.
Day 2 (June 11):  Henry first day no puking, but doesn't feel good and pants don't stay up which makes him grouchy.  Cleaned house for sister visiting.
Day 3 (June 12):  William gave a talk in primary at church, anticipate the arrival of our 5 guests (for Ana it was a worrisome thought of 6 brothers for a week).
Day 4 (June 13) in the wee hours of the morning/night the Jones family arrives.  Isaac's first day of cross country practice.  Attempt to do a little shopping & catching up from being home bound last week.  Attempt to by a part for our washing machine that hasn't worked for a few days.  (Okay so a month ago our machine broke, we looked up the problem online and figured it out- the door switch- putting a pencil where the switch goes worked- I tried calling around to find a repair man- refuse to let me tell them what the problem is and claim not to know what part I'm talking about and don't care what kind of washing machine I have- no way I'm hiring them- the pencil works anyway- for about a month-quits working a couple days before guests arrive when I want to wash sick person sheets and the regular laundry-Brian calls and someone is helpful to him and tells him where to buy the part-I try to buy the part and now we are where I left off).  The man at the part store is very unhelpful and says he cannot (meaning will not) help me.  Why not just buy a new washing machine?  It would be easier and I was tempted, but I had a couple of nice birthday presents from Brian (a cell phone and a camera; Canon G12, not dslr, point and shoot, but highly recommended by my photographer brother, and I'm really liking it) so we were hoping not to have other big expenses at the same time.  Enough of the washing machine dilemma and we all go to "The Turtle Park" named by William when he was first learning to talk (and his motivational goal for toilet training) because when we went for his first time there were a whole bunch of turtles.  Ever since I haven't seen very many, but it is still a fun park.  My favorite is the bluebirds that fly over and under the bridge (but are way too fast for me to even get a shot of them on video).  After the park was Henry's first day of soccer.  He's thrilled. :)






No comments: