Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Epcot!


Day 3= Epcot and World Showcase.  No one paid attention to where we parked this time.  It was across from the Amaze section and we were close enough to walk.  9:30 was still not early enough to get a fastpass for Soarin' and the wait was over an hour all day.  We skipped it.  We don't know what we are missing so we are perfectly fine with that.  We found plenty of other things to do.
We started with Spaceship Earth.  I always wondered what was inside that giant ball.  I also learned one of my favorite things about Disney.  NO accidental jazz hands allowed.  They must all be intentional.
After seeing Spaceship Earth we split up.  Henry and I went to The Seas With Nemo and Friends and Turtle Talk With Crush while everyone else went on Mission Space.  Turtle Talk With Crush was the cutest show.  As in nearly shedding tears it's so adorable.  Everyone goes in a room with a screen, kids can sit on the floor in front and parents sit on benches.  On the screen is an animated aquarium with characters from Finding Nemo.  An animated Crush on the screen asks questions and answers questions from the audience.  Whoever was doing the voice of Crush when we went was great- he asked if anyone had any questions about turtles.  A child raised his hand and he was called on, and he said he learned to ride his bike.  Now I've been on a lot of field trips and the typical response to a question like that is, "Wow that's great!  Any questions about TURTLES?" but not here.  I don't remember what he said anymore, but I think most moms nearly shed a tear from the sweetness.  He was very happy and excited for this child to learn to ride a bike and talked about how important it is to be excited about those moments in life and how happy his parents must be for him and how great of his parents to teach him such an awesome thing as riding a bike. And in surfer talk too- which always sounds happy and excited. I wish I remembered it.  It was ADORABLE.  He did a great job the whole time.
After those two things it seemed to be perfect timing because we met up with the rest of the family just after the show.  Ana and Isaac and William decided they really wanted to go on the Finding Nemo ride too so Brian, Henry, and I walked around the aquarium while waiting.




"hidden Mickey"
After the aquarium we headed over to the World Showcase section of the park.  I'm going to do that section as the next post.  After touring World Showcase we split up again.  Henry was very hesitant to go on anything plus I think he was getting a little tired.  This was day 3 of walking and standing pretty much all day long.  Brian, William, and Isaac went on Sum of All Thrills where you get to design your own roller coaster and then do a simulation ride of your ride.  Brian liked it because you weren't allowed to break any laws of physics so it was actually a thinking ride too.  Henry, Ana, and I went on Ellen's Energy Adventure.  It was pretty good and very uncrowded so not much wait time.  Ellen and Bill Nye the Science Guy take you on a little time travel trip to the dinosaur age plus some other things.  Henry ended up really liking it.

We met up again and then split up- Henry and I sat on a bench and ate ice cream while the others went on Test Track.  Everyone loved it so much and the wait time was only 20 minutes so they begged and pleaded Henry to try it because it seemed like something he would totally love.  It was pretty cool.  You get to design your own car and then ride in a car around a track that goes about 60-65mph outside and above ground.  I like the rides that have cool things to look at while waiting.  Apparently I was too busy entranced by all the design elements and videos playing about design to notice what Ana noticed.  She was standing in line behind a couple who was passionately kissing as a large TV screen behind them displayed in large letters: PASSION




Ana, Isaac, and William's car design

Henry's car design

Ana's photo of the ride photo from the first time they went on it





There was a show at Epcot too, but everyone was pretty worn out so we opted to ride Spaceship Earth one more time and head back to the hotel where we ordered a pizza for dinner.  My favorite thing about Spaceship earth was they have you take a little quiz to make a little video about your future world.  The thing I liked so much about it was all of the questions took Henry some time to make a decision (space or under the sea, space or under the sea, hmmm for example); but one question he always had an immediate response:  
Do you like to plan or just go with the flow?  
PLAN.  Definitely PLAN. 
 ;-)
 

No comments: