Our final day at Walt Disney World
Parked at Simba 13 (kinda cool 'cause we parked in Scar for the Halloween party).
First stop was Thunder Mountain.
Next we split up. Henry and I went to Tom Sawyers Island while everyone else went on Splash Mountain.
Tom Sawyer's Island was the perfect place to relax and play. I think it was one of Henry's favorites. We got to play at a fort, climb the towers and shoot rifles (pretend ones), play checkers, and we found a secret tunnel. We could have spent most of the day just there. After Splash Mountain (which stopped on them right before the drop) the others met us on the island and then we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean. I love that ride. To bad it stopped on us too.
After Pirates we headed into the Enchanted Tiki Room. I loved that too. :-) It's an enchanted room because even the walls sing. Get it? It's pretty retro clever. ;-)
The tent decor was pretty awesome too in the Aladdin part of town.
The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House- ultimate tree house inspiration.
A parade we walked past. Fun costumes.
Cinderella's Castle. As a kid Cinderella was my favorite. We picked up fast passes to meet Cinderella and returned later after our Tomorrowland adventures. The boys would have loved to skip it, but Ana wasn't going to stand for it. Meeting a princess was high on her priority list- it is Disney World after all and a part of the whole experience.
The mystery guest visiting princess, Sleeping Beauty.
A steamboat Willie doll! Looks just like William, doesn't it? (That's who he was for the Halloween party). Below is The Brave Little Tailor, Isaac's Halloween costume for the party. I am surprised at how many people I have met who have never heard of him, or Steamboat Willie. People who watch the Disney Channel on a regular basis. Disney Channel, I shake my head, the future must know the classics.
After picking up fastpasses for meeting the princesses we got ice cream and rode the Small World ride. I love that ride too. The clean line design work and colors are classic! They will never go out of style to me. Pure inspiration right there. :-) and the dolls are adorable. Really, you can't deny it. They won't come eat your face off like my boys joked about the whole ride. I promise. The song is not that bad. The whole thing is ADORABLE!
We also went on The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Another very adorable ride. I loved it.
Bell flowers and watermelon drums. This ride had fun and cute things to do while waiting. Unfortunately all the cute stuff was in a non slow part of the line. We had to wait for a very long time in another area with nothing. About half way through the long wait of nothing is something:
Below the words is an interactive screen of honey. You can write on it and wipe it off and find things hidden in the oozing honey. That part was cool. After the ride the kids rode on the tea cups. Neither Brian or I had any desire to get dizzy.
Here is the Tomorrowland Speedway.
After the speedway we went to the Monsters Inc Laugh Factory show. It was great! It's another interactive show where there are cartoons on the screen talking to the audience. It was a lot of fun. After that we went to our princess appointment. Brian's highlight of the day was a page at the castle saying, "Spoon!" because he was wearing his Tick t-shirt. (The princess pictures are all up above.) After that we headed over to the Haunted Mansion and on the way we spotted the best bathrooms ever. Rapunzel land. I love the attention to detail Disney has. My camera battery died so the rest of the pictures are from Ana and Brian's phones.
After the delightful bathroom break and photo opportunities along the way, we visited the Haunted Mansion. Henry was very worried it was going to be a scary ride, but it wasn't. It's the perfect kind of haunted ride in my opinion. It ended up on Henry's favorites list. He loved the paintings that change in the lightening best. Those are pretty cool. I'm going to have to figure out how they do that in time for next Halloween. ;-)
We took a river boat ride since it didn't look crowded and was about to close for the day.
After the riverboat ride we split up again. Henry and I watched the Bear Jamboree. It wasn't that great. Maybe because I don't like country music. Ana, Isaac, William, and Brian tried to ride Spalsh mountain again but it was closed for repairs. They rode Thunder Mountain again and then it closed after that because it kept breaking down too. I think that's how it went anyway, a lot of rides were having trouble this day. We walked back over to Tomorrowland again so Ana, Isaac, and William could get a few more turns on Space Mountain. Brian, Henry, and I saw Stitch's Great Escape. Henry says he loved it. I think he only loves it because at Hollywood Studios he wanted a stuffed Stitch key chain and I said no because he already bought a lightsaber. Instantly he was obsessed. Stitch's Great Escape is the worst show/ride/experience whatever it is at Disney World. A complete waste of Disney's money. It needs to be the next ride to get dismantled for something better. Ana, Isaac, and William had a fun time waiting in line for Space Mountain. They met some Brazilians who saw Isaac's Brazil soccer shirt and said, "OH WOW! You speak Portugeuse! You can translate for us! Oh, this is great!" "Uhhh. No, no, I don't speak Portugeuse. My uncle lived there and he gave me this shirt and he does speak portugeuse but he isn't here." A very disappointed "oh". They did continue to ask them what the announcer was saying-- the ride's broken, but they don't actually say that at Disney, it's always something clever. So if you don't speak English very well anyway, a fictional reason over a loud speaker, which is hard to catch when you do speak English, is going to be a challenge to understand. So, yep, they stood in line only for the ride to get closed. It was good timing though because we met up at the same time. They rode it a few times Monday night anyway so they weren't too sad about it. Then the park "closed" for the Halloween party later that night and we were kicked out. We took a boat ride back to the parking lot and headed to our hotel. We ate pbj's sometime during the day? I think. Who knows. We had dinner at the Mexican restaurant across from our hotel. I was so tired and my feet hurt so much from 4 days of walking all day long I didn't eat much and hoped I could still make it to the hotel. ;-) I was worried I would get tendonitis in my knees if we walked so much and then had to sit for 2 days straight in the car and then I would not be able to walk for awhile (I had tendonitis in my hand once). I didn't get tendonitis. The trip would have been worth it though. ;-) We had a great time.
Hey, look what I found in Ana's pictures- the t-shirt I was talking about at Hollywood Studios.


























































No comments:
Post a Comment